Oasis Academy Mayfield are looking to appoint an Apprentice Teaching Assistant. You will enhance your teaching skills through practical experience. You will work under the guidance of the SEND Manager and Teachers to support individuals/groups of students.
Our teaching assistant apprenticeship programme will teach many different skills, which will allow you to work within schools to support classroom delivery. You will be expected to work alongside students with specific learning needs, ensuring they can access the curriculum.
- Liaise with the SENCO/ Teaching Staff to identify areas of need and assist in the development of strategies to support pupil’s learning
- Take an active role in the development and implementation of SEND pupil profiles
- Establish productive working relationships with students, acting as a role model and setting high expectations
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils both within and outside the classroom
- Encourage pupils to interact and work co-operatively with others
- Assisting with young people’s learning experience
- Helping students who might need extra support
- Learning classroom-based skills and behaviour techniques
- Working alongside the teacher to support classroom activities
Support the Academy by:
- Being aware of confidential issues to home/pupil/teacher/school work and to safeguard students and staff.
- To ensure strict confidentiality in all areas of work.
- To work and process personal and sensitive information in accordance with Data Protection Act 2018 including the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018.
Good time keeping
Work as part of a team
Motivated and enthusiastic
A confident communicator
Punctual and reliable
Please take time to look over the recruitment information attached.
For further information or an informal discussion about the role and the Academy, please contact us on 02380 328128 or email
Further information and an application pack can be found on our website https://www.oclcareers.org/job/teachingassistantapprentice or refer to