Oasis Academy Mayfield are looking to appoint a Level 2 Teaching Assistant. You will enhance your teaching assistant skills through practical experience. You will work under the guidance of the SEND Manager and Teachers to support individuals/groups of students.
Our teaching assistant training programme will teach many different skills, which will allow you to work within schools to support classroom delivery. You will be expected to work alongside students with specific learning needs, ensuring they can access the curriculum. Key Responsibilities:
- Liaise with the SENCO/ Teaching Staff to identify areas of need and assist in the development of strategies to support pupil’s learning
- Take an active role in the development and implementation of SEND pupil profiles
- Establish productive working relationships with students, acting as a role model and setting high expectations
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils both within and outside the classroom
- Encourage pupils to interact and work co-operatively with others
- Assisting with young people’s learning experience
- Helping students who might need extra support
- Learning classroom-based skills and behaviour techniques
- Working alongside the teacher to support classroom activities
Support the Academy by:
- Being aware of confidential issues to home/pupil/teacher/school work and to safeguard students and staff.
- To ensure strict confidentiality in all areas of work.
- To work and process personal and sensitive information in accordance with Data Protection Act 2018 including the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018.
- Hard working
- Good time keeping
- Work as part of a team
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- A confident communicator
- Professionally presented
- Punctual and reliable
Please take time to look over the recruitment information attached.
Once you have completed the Application and Equal Opportunities Form please ensure that these are uploaded to our portal.
The Academy reserve the right to close the advert early, should suitable candidates apply. Early applications are therefore, encouraged.
Further information and an application pack can be found on our website