Job Title: Teaching Assistant
Salary: SCP 7 (£20,092 pro rata) + LGPS
Role: Full Time, Term Time Only, Permanent
Closing Date: Friday, 2 July 2021, 8:59 am
Start date: ASAP
Who We Are
Oasis Academy Brightstowe is an 11-16 school located in the North West of Bristol. We are a forward-thinking Academy which maintains high expectations of staff and students. This is an exciting time to join us as the Academy grows from strength to strength following its ‘Good’ Ofsted judgement in October 2018 and pushing towards ‘Outstanding’ in all areas.
What Oasis Can Offer You
- A supportive network and family of staff in a motivating working environment
- Fantastic community of children, parents and carers who deserve the best
- Genuine opportunity to make a difference where it is needed
- Opportunities for training and development internally and externally
- Generous local government pension scheme
- Access to free counselling service
- Free eye tests
We Are Looking For A Person Who
- Has excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build positive relationships
- Has successful experience of working with young people ideally within a school environment
- Demonstrates willingness and ability to support children with a range of SEND needs including Autism and physical disabilities
- Can work effectively with our teachers in the delivery of the national curriculum
- Can demonstrate flexibility and good organisational skills
- Has emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours and attitudes
We are looking for a full-time (term-time only) Teaching Assistant to start ideally as soon as possible. This job is offered on a permanent basis at SCP 7, £20,092 FTE.
The successful candidate will assist a small caseload of students in their progress through learning within various settings, such as 1:1, small groups, and classroom environments. If you are hardworking, reflective, resilient, and looking to further develop your talents and skills at Oasis Academy Brightstowe, we would love to receive your application.
If you are interested in applying, please read the full job description and person specification. We cannot accept CVs for this role therefore, please complete our standard job application form and forward it to Recruitment@oasisbrightstowe.org by no later than 8:59 am on Friday, 2 July 2021. The interviews will be confirmed once the advert is closed.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours, which flow from the Oasis ethos. However, as a secular Academy, we actively seek applications from candidates of any faith or non-faith to join our completely inclusive community that is based on a set of shared, commonly held values.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.