Oasis Academies exist to provide a rich and balanced educational environment which caters for the whole person. Our task is to serve our students, as well as provide a learning hub for the entire community. In this way we will raise aspirations, unlock potential and work to achieve excellence through encouraging a ‘can do’ culture which nurtures confident and competent people.
Oasis Academy- Isle of Sheppey boast state of the art facilities and a unique community environment. We have outstanding facilities across two Campus’ including 250-seat theatre, performing arts suites, specialist laboratories for science and technology; construction and motor vehicle workshops, hair and beauty suite and extensive sports facilities on both Campus’.
Situated on the Kent coast and with good motorway and rail connections, the Isle of Sheppey offers an ideal combination to enjoy the perfect work/life balance.
About the role:
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and passionate Teacher of English/Film studies who will deliver exciting and innovative lessons up to Key Stage 5, which will capture the imagination of all of the students they teach. We want our students to be intrigued, to ask questions, to wrestle with concepts and most of all to love learning. They will be inspired by your teaching.
Our English department is full of like-minded teachers who are passionate about delivering their subject, and have access to a range of resources to do so.
As part of our Academy plans, we are developing our Sixth form provision, and believe in the importance of offering core subjects to our A level students. This role will play a key role in this development, and offers the opportunity to progress into a role with responsibility over time.
Achieving our mission requires a special person and committed teacher who can demonstrate:
- A relentless focus on achieving the highest standards
- The ability to work as a strong and effective team player
- Commitment to developing the character of all our young people
- Relentless perseverance, determination and resilience
- A strong commitment to the Oasis ethos
- Passion and willingness to undergo continual professional development
In return, we are able to provide:
- The opportunity to work as part of a dynamic and inspirational team
- High quality professional development opportunities
- State of the art buildings and facilities
- Support and development from our wide range of local and national educational partners including 47 Oasis academies nationally
- The opportunity to be part of a truly rewarding and exciting experience
- The chance to transform the lives of our amazing students in a fast paced and rapidly improving school.
Please visit our Academy website and OCL website for further information.
Please email your completed application to HR@oasisisleofsheppey.org
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such, you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis ethos. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate right to work and DBS checks.