A. Professional and Personal Characteristics
•S - Scholarship - Post holder will have a committed and wholehearted belief that all young people, regardless of starting point, need or complexity can make outstanding progress and reach top grades at GCSE and achieve 3 good A-levels
•T - Transformation- Post holder will have an optimistic and positive belief that all young people can constantly change and transform into confident, ambitious, honest, happy, hard-working, respectful citizens. More widely, a desire to be part of a team that is leading community transformation. Post holder will be committed to challenging the status quo
•A - Aspiration - Post holder will instil in young people a belief in themselves about what is possible and will consistently act as an aspirational role model in all that they do.
•I - Inclusion - Post holder will fully include all children regardless of complexity, need or starting point. Post holder will be committed to including all aspects of a child’s social, emotional and cultural development. Post holder will never isolate, exclude or disconnect a student or group of students.
•R - Resilience - Post holder will be determined, hardworking and relentless in achieving the vision and instilling the values in our school.
•S - Social Responsibility- Post holder will be committed to instilling a sense of responsibility for helping our community and altruistically ‘giving back’ to our immediate, local, national and global communities.
B. Job Purpose
- To teach consistently great lessons which bring about excellent outcomes for students
- To meet all the Core, Excellent and Advanced Skills Professional Standards for Teachers
- To pastorally lead a House Group as their House Coach and deliver daily sessions of literacy intervention.
- To contribute to the OASB Enrichment Curriculum by teaching outside of your curriculum area (e.g. Sport, Music, Cookery,
Art, Film etc)
Quality of Teaching and Learning
- To ensure your teaching is of a consistently high quality and your outcomes are exemplary and in line with KPIs
- To work in partnership with colleagues to ensure there is support in developing their knowledge, practice and skills
- To regularly observe and develop colleagues and act as a beacon of best pedagogical practice
- To ensure you are up to date with national and international curriculum developments
- To be at the cutting edge of pedagogical research in order to influence and develop best practice here
- To seek opportunities to collaborate with other academies, innovative and high achieving schools through Oasis Community Learning and other relevant networks to share and develop excellent pedagogies.
Student Achievement and Attainment
- Set challenging targets for your students that build on the prior attainment of every student and ensure our KPIs are met.
- Ensure your feedback in class and in books is in line with the OASB and Science department feedback policies.
- Set, track, evaluate and report on individual and class group student progress.
- Keep systematic records to show students' understanding and completion of work and the identified strengths, areas for development and grades awarded.
- Support and help colleagues to improve their effectiveness by developing their understanding and use of student data and strategies to address underachievement.
- Ensure a consistent and continuous focus on student achievement using data to track and monitor the progress in every student’s learning.
- Evaluate student progress through the use of appropriate assessments and records and regular analysis of the data.
Whole Academy Responsibility
- To assist the Principals in fulfilling the academy’s vision and instilling the academy values in all that we do
- To assist the Principals in the implementation of the Self Evaluation Form and Academy Development Plan Any other responsibility as set out by the Principal
D. Safeguarding Children and Young People
Oasis is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young People. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including an enhanced DBS check.
OTHER: The above responsibilities are subject to the general duties and responsibilities contained in the Statement of Conditions of Employment. The duties of this post may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or level of responsibility entailed.