Contract term: Permanent/Suitable for NQTs
Contract type: Full time
Position(s): Teacher (with potential TLR for the right candidate)
Job starts: Autumn term 2020 (September start)
About our school and the role on offer: Do you believe that all children, regardless or background or starting point, deserve a high quality education? Do you believe that excellent teaching can transform lives and communities? Are you passionate and committed to supporting young people to reach their full potential?
If you are, then Oasis Academy Shirley Park is the school for you! We are an all through Academy in Croydon, South London, with a proven track record of fantastic results at all key stages. We have a rigorous, academic curriculum offer and believe in the holistic development of all of our students, so that they can go on to be the best that they can be. Our motto is learning together, achieving forever; and we believe that by doing so we can transform the lives of our students and improve the community in which we are based.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the team for an enthusiastic, committed Teacher of Art. You will be able to inspire, enthuse, engage, motivate and challenge students to raise achievement at all levels due to our culture of high performance and expectations of both staff and students.
This role is perfect for a trainee, NQT or more experienced teacher looking to develop further in a vibrant, forward thinking department. We also have excellent CPD provision for trainees, NQTs and experienced teachers in school, with a wide range of programmes on offer. Furthermore, there are many opportunities to work alongside other schools with Oasis Community Learning and share good practice.
NB: we would consider candidates looking for either a part time or full time this role.
Why you’ll want to join us:
- You'll be part of a friendly team which has worked together for several years
- You'll have access to shared resources available for curriculum at every key stage.
- We are engaged with current developments in curriculum and pedagogy.
- Our students make fantastic progress at KS4 and we have the highest progress score for KS5/sixth form in Croydon.
- There is a real opportunity to make an impact.
- You’ll receive genuine support and CPD to develop you and open up career opportunities in the Oasis Community and beyond.
- You’ll be part of a team that believes every child should go to a great school as we work tirelessly to provide the children with an outstanding education.
- You understand education is not solely about excellent examination results but includes much more than that.
- You’ll have supportive management who are committed to improving teachers work-life balance.
- You’ll have access to a free confidential counselling service for the times in your life when you need a little extra support.
- You can access free eye tests
Community is key: Oasis Academy Shirley Park is part of the Oasis Community, we strongly believe in investing in local communities to bring about positive change. As part of the Ashburton Hub alongside Oasis Academy Ryelands and Oasis Arena we strive to communicate well, share ideas and support our local community, as best we can. To find out more about our Academy please visit our website.
Where we are: We are situated in Shirley a leafy suburb of Croydon bordering Addiscombe. We are easily accessed, being within 12 minutes of East Croydon train station by Tram to Woodside tram stop and with ample on site and residential parking.
What we are looking for:
- You are an outstanding teacher ready to join our team.
- You want to help our students reach their highest potential.
- You are as committed to assisting others to learn as the day you decided to become a teacher.
- You will have experience of working with a diverse group of students and teams.
- You will share our commitment to the values and behaviours, which flow from the Oasis ethos. Visit our website for more information.
About Oasis Community Learning: Our vision is for community – a place where everyone is included making a contribution and reaching their God-given potential. This informs our ethos and our nine habits which shape behaviour throughout our academy. We are fully inclusive and welcome applications from all, all we ask is that you are committed to our vision of community, our ethos and our habits.
To apply for this role complete the online application form on our OCL Career page. If you would like to discuss this role before submitting your application please contact us by email email@example.com .
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, we shortlist and interview as suitable applicants are found. This job advert may be closed early should we find our ideal candidate.
Closing Date: 13th July 2020 at 12.00noon
Interview: early applications welcome as we will interview as we receive applications.
Oasis Community Learning is and equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Safeguarding: We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We have management practices in place which maintain the safety of those we serve. You are expected to share this commitment, openly take part in the management practices and undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
We kindly request recruitment or media agencies do not contact us regarding this role.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role’ We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks and a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours, which flow from the Oasis Community Learning ethos. Oasis Community Learning supports Equal Opportunities Employment. Oasis Community Learning is a company limited by Guarantee registered in England and Wales no. 5398529.