Oasis Academy Don Valley is part of the Oasis Community Learning family, a multi-academy sponsor with the express purpose of transforming schools into community Hubs, through applying a holistic view of education. This post offers an exciting opportunity to be part of this nationally growing organisation, making a difference to communities on a local level, while individually improving the life chances of young people. The successful candidate will need to understand, share and be committed to the Oasis ethos of inclusion, equality, healthy relationships, hope and perseverance.
As a Playworker you will be responsible for providing support to children whilst they eat lunch and leading a range of stimulating play activities in a safe and caring environment and ensuring that children have lunch in a clean, safe environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- working knowledge and direct experience of working with young people or children
- experience in supporting children during the lunch period
- a fun approach to inspiring children’s play
- an understanding of the importance of creating play environments which are child or young people led
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in a play work, working with children related, youth related or teaching discipline
- Ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children and young people
- Emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviour and attitudes to use of authority and maintaining discipline