B. Job Purpose
- This involves the leadership of daily school Operations - administration, ICT, site HR & payroll and catering service performance
- You will contribute to the development of operational strategic plans, direction and decision making and proactively work towards the achievement of shared objectives. This includes developing and implementing strategies, key objectives, systems, processes and procedures relating to administration, resources, premises, catering and health & safety.
- The post holder will ensure that the academy is in compliance with all DfE and group policy.
- Actively promote and model the ethos and values of the academies.
- Achieve economies of scale through aligned workloads and joint procurement through the restructure and development of all South Bank operational support structures and systems.
- In liaison with the regional managers for OCL, provide daily functional management of the individual Site Managers, Catering Managers and ICT Managers.
- Schools link to Oasis ICT and Premises and Estates regional Managers including SLA’s.
- Responsible for school customer service, public relations and communications plan; promote the school through positive relations with community, businesses, parents and students.
- To oversee the management of all site and buildings, ensuring that grounds and accommodation are maintained to a high standard and that out of hours use of grounds and premises are maximised to generate income.
- To be responsible for all health and safety issues relating to the site, staff and students and representing the Principals at relevant external meetings and conferences. This includes liaison with the site staff regarding the fire alarm system within the schools and ensuring that staff and students are aware of evacuation procedures and that safe practice is adhered to and documentation is maintained.
- Responsible for school safety plan, disaster preparation, fire drills, student, staff and public safety and student health.
- Maintain an overview of the ICT infrastructure and ensure it supports the aims of the academies.
- Manage all school scheduling, duties, special events, field trips, cafeteria, transportation, maintenance and cleaning.
- Advise on and arrange CPD strategy for all Support staff within the Academy.
- Oversee HR procedures in the academy and advise where necessary.
- Undertake Performance Management Review(s) and to ensure that staff development needs are identified.
- Administration support functions to a cost efficient high standard across the academy in order to support high quality service outcomes for all students and families.
Provide in-house quality assurance of the Site Manager to ensure:
- The management of all site and buildings, ensuring that grounds and accommodation are maintained and that out of hour’s use of grounds and premises is maximised to generate income. There is a strategic site maintenance and development plan.
- The learning environment is clean, well maintained and fit for purpose.
- Regular site inspections take place and that records are kept.
- The maximum levels of security of the premises are consistent with safeguarding legislation and the ethos of the academies.
- The continuing fitness for purpose of the premises through effective use of maintenance expenditure and by actively participating in developing the premises and sites for long-term use.
- The Principals are advised as appropriate in relation to the improvement of the school building.
- Accommodation needs are met by liaising with Faculty Leaders to deliver creative solutions to problems.
- There is an implemented asset management plan. Monitor and evaluate its impact on student outcomes.
- There is an effective damage and loss prevention strategy to minimise insurance and budget losses.
- There is a robust and profitable plan for community use of school site, whilst maintaining high standards of site condition.
Health & Safety Champion (HSC)
- Formulate, monitor, implement and review the H & S Policy and procedures including risk assessments.
- Communicate regularly at all levels within the academy on H & S issues.
- Devise, arrange and monitor the half-termly evacuation drills and oversee regular testing of the fire alarm systems and equipment.
- Ensure all evacuation procedures are well understood and fit for purpose.
- Actively commit to making the academies safe and stimulating environments for staff, students and visitors
- Coordinate all documentation regarding school trips including ensuring that risk assessments are appropriately carried out in advance, appropriate transport has been procured and all cover arrangements are agreed and confirmed.
- To select and ensure appropriate training of fire marshals.
- That Hub Council H & S Sub Committee meetings take place and the main Hub Council have up to date H & S reports.
- Update and administer the Handsam system, ensuring all tasks are completed on time, supporting and holding to account where appropriate.
Data Protection Lead (DPL)
- Formulate, monitor and implement the GDPR policy within the academy
- Be the point of contact for all GDPR enquiries
- Action all Subject Access Requests (SAR) within the agreed time limit and set processes
- Communicate regularly at all levels within the academy on GDPR issues.
Hr & Payroll
- Oversee all H& & Payroll matters at the Academy and advice where necessary
- Line Manage and work with HR and Payroll Officer to ensure all payroll inputting is completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Remaining professional and ensuring total confidentiality at all times
- Meet with regional business partner on a regular basis to ensure clear and up to date channels of communication between the central team and the Academy
- Deal with HR matters that have been escalated beyond the HR & Payroll Officer
- Maintain a basic knowledge of all Academy specific HR matters to ensure advice can be sought where appropriate
- Where necessary work with the HR & Payroll Officer to ensure all processes are maintained and up to date
Educational Visits Coordinator
Make a significant contribution to the management of the schools trips process by:
- ensuring that 'Application for Approval for Education Visits' forms are completed correctly and to deadline;
- ensuring Risk Assessments are in place, including travel arrangements and special arrangements for SEN students, and that records of Risk Assessments are kept, including the application of secure safeguarding procedures;
- assisting with Risk Assessments and Trip Approval Forms where necessary;
- submitting 'Application for Approval for Education Visits' forms to SLT for authorisation;
- sending Visit Notifications to the National Office within the specified timeframe;
- ensuring all staff are aware of the Visits Procedure;
- ensure visits do not clash with other events in the school diary or with other visits;
- ensuring all guidance received from National Office is followed correctly;
- keeping an orderly file of all off-site visits;
- updating and maintaining the School Trips folder on Evolve;
- Update and maintain Evolve
- Residential Trips
- Conference Organisation & coordination- liaising with NLPs, National Education Team & external agencies
- Lettings to external agencies
- Organising and writing bids for funding
- Coordinating & sending the response to Freedom of Information requests
Supervision / Management of People
- The post holder will quality assure staff in the areas of administration, ICT, site, HR & Payroll and catering.
Creativity and Innovation
- The post plays a key role in developing the non-teaching areas of the school, producing strategies for these that will support the school’s overall effectiveness.
Contacts and Relationships
The post holder will have a range of internal and external contacts. These include:
- Oasis Community Learning function leads such as HR, finance, ICT, on matters relating to overall Oasis strategy, interpretation of frameworks and guidelines.
- All external suppliers with whom the school has contracts. The contact involves negotiation of contracts and dealing with contract management issues, including query resolution.
- All members of staff and in particular management colleagues and Academy Leadership Team Members, to report on and advise on all matters relating to support areas.
- The post may also have contact with parents and students from time to time.
- The post holder will be subject to performance objectives agreed annually.
- The post holder is expected to carry out other SLT duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Principals.
- To take on any whole school initiative or responsibility that the Principals may direct.
The duties of this post may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or level of responsibility entailed
Whole Academy Responsibility
- To assist the Principals in fulfilling the academy’s vision and instilling the academy values in all that we do
- To assist the Principals in the implementation of the Self Evaluation Form and Academy Development Plan
- Any other responsibility as set out by the Principal
D. Safeguarding Children and Young People
Oasis is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young People. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including an enhanced DBS check.
OTHER: The above responsibilities are subject to the general duties and responsibilities contained in the Statement of Conditions of Employment. The duties of this post may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or level of responsibility entailed.