An exciting opportunity has arisen for a new National Health & Safety Lead to join our Property and Estates team. The post holder can be based anywhere within the UK but the post is contractually based at a designated Oasis site within the operational area and attendance at London locations will be required for meetings and as necessary for the effective delivery of job role responsibilities. Having grown from 1 to 49 academies in the last 12 years we are excited for new developments ahead; this is a great chance for you to come in and lead, inspire and create new chances for the people in the communities we work in.
Build your career within an organisation dedicated to transforming lives
What Oasis Offers
In return for your hard work we will offer you:
- A strong Continuous Professional Development programme with training opportunities
- A supportive network and family of staff in a motivating working environment
- A competitive pension scheme with defined benefits, life cover and lower tax
- A generous annual leave allowance of 25 + 8 (Bank Holiday) days per year rising to 30 + 8 after 2 years of service.
About Oasis Community Learning
Born of the Oasis global charity we are one of the largest multi-academy trusts in the UK. Working in disadvantaged areas of England we aim to provide exceptional education at the heart of the community and offer support to those in need within the area. Our ethos is a core part of our everyday practice and something each of our staff champion daily; Equality, Inclusion, Healthy Relationships, Hope and Perseverance.
About the Role
We are looking for someone to strategically and operationally develop, lead and mange health & safety across Oasis Community Learning, and to champion and promote a positive health and safety culture across the trust.
You will be the source of expert health and safety advice within the trust and the first point of contact when significant issues arise, ensuring the Governing Boards of OCL are well informed about health & safety so that they can carry out their duties effectively.
You will also ensure the trust’s health and safety policies and procedures are reviewed, amended and updated as necessary and in line with up-to-date statutory requirements.
You will have the chance to support and shape the health and safety policies and drive forward the health and safety strategy ensuring that policy and processes are in line with legislative and organisational developments.
Our Ideal candidate will:
- Be educated to degree level (level 6).
- Have NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety.
- Registered as a recognised safety practitioner or chartered safety practitioner.
- Have the ability to contribute to the positive management of student behavior.
- Be capable of delivering of CPD of self and others.
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Be a confident user of ICT.
- Have the ability to coach, mentor and deliver training to staff.
- Have the ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children and young people.
- Have emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours and attitudes.
- Have well-developed emotional intelligence.
If you are interested in applying for the role, please complete an application and equal opportunities forms or a supporting statement of at least two pages long sending them to email@example.com by no later than 11am on 28th August.
Interviews for this role will take place the week commencing 7th September.
PLEASE NOTE WE CANNOT ACCEPT CVS ALONE FOR THIS ROLE