At Oasis Academy Shirley Park , Croydon
Salary: SP 4 – 6, Outer London (£21,795 - £22,587) per annum, pro rata + Local Government Pension Scheme
Role: Full-time, 5 days per week
Hours: 32.5 hours per week
Start Date: November 2020
Applications Close: 12:00 PM on 23rd November 2020
Interviews: w.c. 23rd November 2020
This salary will be pro-rata based on term-time only working in the Primary Phase of our all-though academy.
We are looking for a Learning Support Assistant/Teaching Assistant (Level 3) to join our professional Early Years team at Oasis Academy Shirley Park.
Why you’ll want to join us:
- We are a Good Academy in all areas (OFSTED 2019)
- You’ll work in a supportive environment
- You’ll receive genuine support and opportunities to develop you and open up career opportunities in the Oasis Community and beyond
- Assistance with travel costs
- You’ll be part of a team that believes every child should go to a great school as we work tirelessly to provide the children with an outstanding education.
- You understand education is not solely about excellent examination results but includes much more than that
- You’ll have access to a free confidential counselling service for the times in your life when you need a little extra support
- You can access free eye tests if designated as a VDU user
Community is key, Oasis Academy Shirley Park is part of the Oasis Community, we strongly believe in investing in local communities to bring about positive change. As part of the Ashburton Hub alongside Oasis Academy Ryelands and Oasis Academy Arena we strive to communicate well, share ideas and support our local community, as best we can.
To find out more about our Academy please visit: www.oasisacademyshirleypark.org/
Where we are:
We are situated in Shirley a leafy suburb of Croydon bordering Addiscombe, in Croydon. We are easily accessed, being within 12 minutes of East Croydon train station by Tram to Woodside tram stop and with ample on site and residential parking.
What we are looking for:
- A knowledgeable Learning Support Assistant/Teaching Assistant with NVQ 3 for Teaching Assistant and experience of supporting children to reach their potential.
- A Learning Support Assistant/Teaching Assistant that is committed to assisting children to learn and develop.
- A Learning Support Assistant/Teaching Assistant with experience of working with a diverse group of children.
- A Learning Support Assistant/Teaching Assistant who will share our commitment to the values and behaviours, which flow from the Oasis ethos. Visit our website for more information. https://www.oasiscommunitylearning.org/who-we-are/vision-and-values/oasis-ethos-and-habits
About Oasis Community Learning:
Our vision is for community – a place where everyone is included making a contribution and reaching their God-given potential.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community to deliver our vision of community, our vision informs our ethos and our nine habits which shape behaviour throughout our academy.
How do I Apply?
To apply for the position of Learning Support Assistant, please download (saving to your computer) and complete the above Application Form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Forms and return the attached application form to firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you would like to discuss this role before submitting your application please contact us on: 020 8656 0222 and select the Primary Phase.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, we shortlist and interview as suitable applicants are found. This job advert may be closed early should we find our ideal candidate.
Oasis Community Learning is and equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We have management practices in place which maintain the safety of those we serve. You are expected to share this commitment, openly take part in the management practices and undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
We kindly request recruitment or media agencies do not contact us regarding this role.
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours, which flow from the Oasis ethos. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.