MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To ensure the smooth and timely processing of the Academy payroll and provide full HR support in a confidential manner.
Role Purpose and Role Dimensions
- To process contract variations through ITrent, ensuring the correct authorisations are in place, accurate entering of information and issuing of relevant paperwork to employees, updating databases and records for audit and compliance purposes.
- To support with the update and maintenance of the relevant Single Central Record (SCR) including entering all new starters, adding agency workers, volunteers, contractors etc. and ensuring leavers are archived.
- To inform relevant departments of new starters and support with the organisation of new starter Induction, liaising with appropriate colleagues and ensuring new starter equipment is organised for the first day.
- To be responsible for answering pay related queries and relaying them to the appropriate party having sought advice, where necessary.
- To track staff absences and return to work interviews.
- To liaise with Health and Safety champion to ensure all risk assessments are completed
- To ensure leave of absence requests are reviewed by the Line Manager/Principal and that staff are formally notified of the outcome of requests and personnel record and payroll is updated.
- To issue maternity guidelines and paperwork to pregnant employees as well as those requesting paternity leave, shared leave or adoption leave.
- To ensure maternity, paternity and adoption leave guidelines are followed as and when necessary and arrange keeping in touch days.
- In liaison with Finance, to ensure correct details are processed on payroll for all staff and that new staff are added.
- In liaison with Finance, to operate and maintain the pay related processes in an efficient and effective manner ensuring that the monthly payroll is accurate and communicated to the Payroll bureau to be paid on time.
- To be responsible for collecting data required for the monthly payroll and administer changes through the iTrent system required for starters/leavers, permanent amendment.
- To action along with Finance any changes in pay, hours, weeks, additional payments, increments etc.), and temporary amendments (expenses, overtime, one off payments, attachment of earnings etc.).
- To be responsible for the recording of monthly absence e.g. sick leave, maternity, and special leave, paid and unpaid by payroll deadline dates.
- To complete statutory salary updates as and when required.
- To process documents and forms and ensuring forms are distributed accordingly in line with the payroll process.
- To work alongside colleagues to generate job descriptions and person specifications for required roles.
- To support with the process of vacancy approval ensuring policy is adhered to and the correct information is obtained in a timely manner.
- To coordinate interview/selection logistics including room bookings, diary management, scheduling and preparation of relevant materials and offer logistical support on the day.
- To provide the highest levels of support and information to the Principal (or appropriate parties) throughout the process, including specific information on advertising and recruitment timescales.
- To draft adverts for the positions you are advertising, ensuring they are well-written, engaging and following brand guidelines.
- To obtain quotes and post adverts and marketing materials on the various job boards and recruitment media channels in a timely and accurate fashion, ensuring the best possible exposure for vacancies.
- To post vacancies on the Academy websites.
- To speak to prospective and active candidates, creating a positive first impression and ensuring that all requests for recruitment packs and other general queries are responded to swiftly and professionally.
- With guidance from the Principals (or appropriate parties), to coordinate interview set-up including finalising the schedule, calling candidates, sending invites and liaising with managers to ensure that all paperwork is sent prior to interview.
- On the day of interviews, to take copies of candidates’ qualifications, right to work and DBS check documentation, ensuring appropriate accuracy and storage.
- To ensure all applicants are informed of the progress of their application either by phone or in writing.
- To ensure compliance with Oasis Community Learning’s Recruitment and Selection Policy and Procedure at all times with a particular emphasis on safer recruitment.
Onboarding, Contracts and New Starter Administration
- To send out reference requests for all shortlisted candidates, chasing responses and passing on to the relevant hiring/recruiting manager.
- To facilitate completion of DBS disclosures and other statutory recruitment checks including overseas police checks and NCTL.
- In line with policy and legislation, to undertake electronic Barred List Checks, Management checks, Teacher Registration and Prohibition Checks and Disclosure and Barring Service checks across Oasis Community Learning.
- Following role acceptance send required paperwork to every new starter and ensure that all paperwork is returned along with all necessary evidence such that a personnel file can be produced before appointment commences.
- To support with the administration of pre-employment health assessments for newly appointed staff.
- To obtain checks for consultants, agency staff and casual staff in accordance with OCL Policy and record as required.
- To enter all relevant information into Midland iTrent for new starters, preparing and dispatching employment contracts and ensuring timely signature and return by individuals.
- Provide support to the administration team, ensure clear and high expectations of professionalism, appropriate standards of behaviour, performance and customer care are demonstrated at all times.
- Promote and maintain an effective operation, provide cover for absence as required.
- Encourage a safe working and positive environment for the Academy administrative team.
- As above, encourage sharing of best practice, ideas and support of each other to enhance our productivity; assist the capability of our team to deal with the demands on the Academy office.
- Any other tasks as requested by line manager and in line with role
Safeguarding children and young people
Oasis Academy South Bank is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including an enhanced DBS check.
The above responsibilities are subject to the general duties and responsibilities contained in the Statement of Conditions of Employment.
The duties of this post may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or level of responsibility entailed.