Here at Oasis we are transforming the way that we deliver our HR services within our People Directorate (PD). We have an exciting opportunity to become a part of the ever growing PD team.
See the potential, make the difference: Join OCL today!
About Oasis Community Learning
Born of the global Oasis charity, we are one of the largest multi-academy trusts in the UK. By joining our family of staff you will be working alongside people dedicated to helping our students realise their potential. We wish to transform the lives of our communities and support our young people and staff through their journeys with Oasis.
About the role
The role entails processing monthly changes to employee’s terms and conditions, preparing employment documents and maintaining accurate and complete employee records both on the PD database (i-Trent) and in personnel files. You will also carry out new starter/onboarding activities which will involve undertaking essential pre-employment checks.
You will also be expected to resolve queries and complete tasks that come through via PeopleDesk, and to provide remote cover on PeopleDesk during holidays and busy periods.
The PD department is currently reviewing its policies and procedures and you will have the opportunity to be involved in the development and implementation of improved processes, systems and related documentation.
On occasions you may also be required to support the PD Business Partner for Yorkshire & NE with casework.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- a CIPD or equivalent HR qualification or be studying for this
- experience of delivering and advising on transactional HR processes
- experience of using and maintaining HR information systems (ideally i-Trent)
- an up to date knowledge of employment legislation
- excellent written and oral communication skills
- a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
They will also be a team player with a flexible and proactive approach and be committed to living out our ethos and 9 Habits in every aspect of their work.
To view the full list of responsibilities and selection criteria please download the job description below.
Benefits of joining Oasis Community Learning:
- A strong Continuous Professional Development (CPD) programme with training opportunities
- A supportive network and family of staff in a motivating work environment
- A competitive pension scheme with a Local Government pension provider
- A generous annual leave allowance of 25 days (plus 8 bank holiday days) per year, rising to 30 days (plus 8 bank holiday days) after 2 years of service
Please download and complete the Oasis Application Form and Equal Opportunity Form. Once complete, please return by by 17th September 2019. Interview date to be confirmed.
Unfortunately we cannot accept CVs alone as an application for this role - you must complete an Oasis Application Form for safeguarding purposes.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.