Come and join our amazing teaching team at our outstanding academy in the heart of BS3.
Do you passionately believe that all children have the potential to achieve?
Are you excited by the prospect of working under the guidance of the SENDCO and class teachers to plan and provide bespoke provision?
Are you passionate about creating a stimulating learning environment to inspire our children?
We are looking to appoint a superb HLTA who will be employed in our newly formed nurture base (along with providing a little class cover each week)!
The successful candidate will be committed, enthusiastic, positive, self-motivated, well-organised and resilient.
The Nurture Base HLTA will be required to:
- Support The Pupil
- Use a nurturing approach to promote and reinforce pupil self-esteem through praise and encouragement;
- Be sensitive to the welfare and care of the pupils both physically and emotionally;
- Work with individuals and groups of pupils to succeed with targets as outlined by the SENDCO and class teacher;
- Develop pupils self-management and regulation strategies;
- Develop communication and social skills;
- Provide creative, enriching activities and opportunities for pupils;
- Set up and maintain a positive learning environment in the Nurture Base room;
- Support positive play at lunchtimes;
- Support individual pupils with specific programmes as identified by the SENDCO.
- Support The SENDCO
- Work alongside class teachers and the SENDCO to plan units of learning for children within the Nurture Base and review their progress;
- Be prepared to liaise with the SENDCO and parents;
- Attend appropriate CPD to develop and fulfil the role;
- Prepare materials and activities to support the teaching and learning within the group.
- Support The Academy
- Foster positive links between home and school;
- Treat as confidential all information on individual pupils;
- Be aware of school policies as set by the Governing Body;
- Be aware of safety procedures;
- Provide cover of mainstream classes at some points during the week.
In return, we can offer an excellent learning environment, opportunities for CPD and of course, wonderful children!
Visits to the school are encouraged. Please contact the academy office to arrange a visit.