Job Title: Head of Year
Salary: TMS + TLR 1B (£9,930) + TPS
Role: Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: 25 March 2020
Interviews: shortly after closing of this advert
Start date: 1 September 2020
We are looking for a qualified teacher to take on the role of Head of Year starting on 1 September 2020. This role is offered on a full-time, permanent basis at TMS + TLR 1B, £9,930.
The successful candidate will ensure high quality pastoral provision and effective teaching and learning across the curriculum and will carry out the professional duties of a qualified teacher in accordance with the current DCFS Academy Teachers’ Pay and Conditions document.
They will lead the Year team in Oasis Academy Brightstowe, creating a strong sense of identity connected with the Oasis Values and high levels of behaviour and achievement. They will provide outstanding pastoral care and guidance for the students in the year through robust systems ensuring that every student achieves their full potential.
Who We Are
Oasis Academy Brightstowe is an 11-16 school located in the North West of Bristol. We are a forward-thinking Academy which maintains high expectations of staff and students. This is an exciting time to join us as the Academy grows from strength to strength following its ‘Good’ Ofsted judgement in October 2018 and pushing towards ‘Outstanding’ in all areas.
What Oasis Can Offer You
- A supportive network and family of staff in a motivating working environment
- Fantastic community of children, parents and carers who deserve the best
- Genuine opportunity to make a difference where it is needed
- Opportunities for training and development internally and externally
- Well-resourced classrooms, and well-structured administrative support
- To join a wonderful team of friendly, committed and dedicated professionals
- A professional development programme at the cutting edge of educational research and coaching
We Are Looking For A Person Who
- Is a qualified teacher committed to their own professional development
- Has experience of achieving good student outcomes across Key Stage 3 & 4
- Has experience of developing Schemes of Work across Key Stage 3 & 4
- Has been involved in school improvement initiatives
- Can effectively use the Assessment for Learning to engage students as partners in their learning
- Has good understanding of the Ofsted inspection framework and of subject-level self-evaluation processes
- Has thorough understanding of key Literacy Strategies to boost low attaining students
- Has excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build positive relationships
- Is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
- Has emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours and attitudes
If you are interested in applying please read the full job description and person specification. We cannot accept CVs for this role therefore, please complete our standard job application form and forward it to Recruitment@oasisbrightstowe.org by no later than 25 March 2020. The interviews will be scheduled shortly after closing of the advert.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours, which flow from the Oasis ethos. However, as a secular Academy, we actively seek applications from candidates of any faith or non-faith to join our completely inclusive community that is based on a set of shared, commonly held values.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.