POST: Faculty Intervention Lead
RESPONSIBLE TO: Faculty Leader/SENCO
GRADE: Points 1-3 SSPS
SALARY: £17,364 - £18,065 (Pro Rata £14,765 - £15,336 )
LOCATION: Oasis Academy Oldham
WORKING PATTERN: Full Time, term time plus 1 week
DISCLOSURE LEVEL: Enhanced
JOB PURPOSE: To be responsible for ensuring the best progress of all pupils in the faculty area and to ensure the appropriate support is in place; with particular emphasis on the most vulnerable cohorts of pupils including SEN, LAC, Gateway and pupil premium students.
- To track and monitor progress and ensure the needs of the pupils are identified and interventions put in place as appropriate.
- To track the progress and attainment of key cohorts of pupils within the faculty in collaboration with FL and key stage leader.
- To liaise with FL/KS lead following AP points to identify where individuals or key groups require additional intervention
- To work closes with KS3/4 Progress Leaders and Pastoral Leaders through the Head of Faculty
- To understand and support the needs of SEN pupils and other vulnerable groups such as LAC.
- To be responsible for ensuring that differences are diminished in terms of attainment through the choice of interventions.
- To be able to demonstrate the impact of interventions and their purpose.
- To be able to work strategically to make the best use of time and resources to ensure an improvement in progress.
- To be able to liaise effectively with pupils, parents and all staff.
- To be able to plan and implement well –organised interventions before, during and after school.
- To be flexible and adapt quickly and effectively to the changing needs of pupils.
- To work with other key staff to ensure that the needs of pupils are met.