- Invigilate examinations in line with Examination Board and Academy regulations.
- Ensure appropriate atmosphere in the examination room, to optimise students’ performance.
- To promote and safeguard the welfare of children you supervise or come into contact with.
- Invigilate the Academy Exams on required dates.
- Under the direction of the Academy Exams & Admissions Officer, discourage cheating from students.
- Maintain order/discipline of students, ensuring they behave appropriately in an examination setting.
- Actively invigilate during the examination, watching students.
- Remove mobile phones for the duration of the examination.
- Provide each student with an examination paper.
- Where appropriate supply writing paper and equipment during the examination.
- Ensure the correct procedures are used for lending equipment to students.
- If requested, accompany students to the toilet, ensuring that examination regulations are maintained.
- If requested, accompany a student who becomes ill to the designated first aid area.
- Report any suspicion of cheating by students to the lead invigilator.
- Collect the examination papers and hand to the lead invigilator/Exams & Admissions Officer at the end of the examination.
- Be aware of and comply with the policies relating to child protection, security and confidentiality.
- Be aware of the Examination Board regulations.
- Be aware of the Academy’s evacuation procedure in the event of an emergency and be familiar with the procedure for each examination room. The person undertaking this role is expected to work within the policies, ethos and aims of the Academy and to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Principal.
All staff take an active role in the Academy’s care and guidance of students.
The above responsibilities are subject to the general duties and responsibilities contained in the Statement of Conditions of Employment.
The duties of this post may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or level of responsibility entailed.