We are looking for a committed and energetic person able to assist and support students with their GCSE and Mock examinations. Previous experience of invigilating is not a requirement as full training will be given.
- Preparing the examination room, ensuring that tables are set out correctly, clocks are set at the correct time, basic equipment and water are available;
- Admitting candidates to the room in a quiet and orderly fashion, ensuring that they sit in the correct place as specified on the seating plan;
- Ensuring that candidates have the correct examination paper and relevant equipment;
- Conducting the examination according to the Examination guidelines and informing the lead invigilator and/or Examinations Officer of any misconduct or problems;
- Monitoring the conduct of the examination by being constantly vigilant and not doing any other task;
- Collecting in papers and equipment at the end of the examination and helping to sort them ready for dispatch to the Examinations board.
Oasis Academy Mayfield is a fantastic place to learn and work. We are excited to welcome applications from future colleagues who share our enthusiasm for education and dedication to transforming the community we live in and serve. We value strong relationships with our parents and carers, and know that through working closely together it is ultimately our young people who benefit.
Our mission is focused around entitling our students, staff and community to an exceptional education. In order to achieve this we have four simple priorities.
- Excellent teaching
- Excellent outcomes
- Excellent student entitlement
- Excellent staff / parent / community entitlement
We place a high value on personal development and professional learning for our staff. We invest heavily in supporting the growth of our team believing that if our young people are surrounded by caring, committed and talented staff that they will be best placed to achieve remarkable success. Being part of Oasis a Multi Academy Trust, which has 3 secondary schools in Southampton, and a further 16 nationally, offers many opportunities for collaboration and professional learning; we are a family and work closely together to ensure that we deliver exceptional education at the heart of our local communities.
Please take time to look over the recruitment information contained on our website. Further information and an application pack can be found on our website.
For further information or an informal discussion about the role and the Academy, please contact the Angela Hurd at the Academy on 02380 328128.
Oasis Academy Mayfield is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks. This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.