POST: Examination Invigilator
RESPONSIBLE TO: Deputy Principal, under the day-to-day management and leadership of Academy Exams & Admissions Officer and Lead Invigilator
GRADE: Casual £9.50 per hour
KEY RELATIONSHIPS: Deputy Principal, Academy Exams & Admissions Officer, Lead Invigilator, members of Invigilator team, Academy students, relevant teaching and support staff.
HOURS: Variable between 08:00 and 17:00
JOB PURPOSE: To supervise external and internal Academy examinations
- Invigilate examinations in line with Examination Board and Academy regulations.
- Ensure appropriate atmosphere in the examination room, to optimise students’ performance.
- To promote and safeguard the welfare of children you supervise or come into contact with.
- Invigilate the Academy Exams on required dates
- Under the direction of the Academy Exams & Admissions Officer, discourage cheating from students.
- Maintain order/discipline of students, ensuring they behave appropriately in an examination setting.
- Actively invigilate during the examination, watching students.
- Remove mobile phones for the duration of the examination.
- Provide each student with an examination paper.
- Where appropriate supply writing paper and equipment during the examination.
- Ensure the correct procedures are used for lending equipment to students.
- If requested, accompany students to the toilet, ensuring that examination regulations are maintained.
- If requested, accompany a student who becomes ill to the designated first aid area.
- Report any suspicion of cheating by students to the lead invigilator.
- Collect the examination papers and hand to the lead invigilator/Exams & Admissions Officer at the end of the examination.
- Be aware of and comply with the policies relating to child protection, security and confidentiality.
- Be aware of the Examination Board regulations.
- Be aware of the Academy’s evacuation procedure in the event of an emergency and be familiar with the procedure for each examination room.
The person undertaking this role is expected to work within the policies, ethos and aims of the Academy and to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Principal.