We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, organised and committed individual to join an innovative team, to provide support to children who need help overcoming barriers to learning, where behaviour and attendance issues are a cause for concern. The intention is to bring about sustained change with individual pupils, to improve of their behaviour and attendance
This role will involve working in partnership with all staff in drawing up and implementing an action plan for each learner who needs support, by responding effectively to any behaviour incidents that takes place involving learners. The successful applicant will develop a 1:1 mentoring relationship with learners receiving support, aimed at achieving the goals defined in their individual action plan.
The ideal candidate will be passionate, ambitious, and have a drive to succeed in a fast paced educational environment. Oasis Academy Isle of Sheppey have the pleasure of funding either level 2 or level 3 Teaching assistant apprenticeship to compliment your role, based upon your previous experience and qualifications. You will be allocated a mentor within the Pastoral team, as well as a dedicated tutor who will be able to assist with your training.
Oasis Academies exist to provide a rich and balanced educational environment which caters for the whole person. Our vision is to deliver exceptional education at the heart of our community. In this way we will raise aspirations, unlock potential and work to achieve excellence through encouraging a ‘can do’ culture which nurtures confident and competent people.
Our Academy is proud to be one of 52 Oasis Academies in the UK. We are one of the largest mixed comprehensive schools in the country with capacity for 2,500 students, spread across our two campuses.
The post holder will be joining us at a critically exciting point in our development and we would be interested to hear the unique skills and attributes you can offer the young people we work alongside.
Achieving our mission requires a special person and committed individual who can demonstrate:
- A relentless focus on achieving the highest standards
- The ability to work as a strong and effective team player
- Commitment to developing the character of all our young people
- Relentless perseverance, determination and resilience
- A strong commitment to the Oasis ethos
- Passion for your role and the willingness to undergo continual professional development
The benefits of working with Oasis:
- The opportunity to work as part of a dynamic and inspirational team
- High quality professional development opportunities
- State of the art buildings and facilities
- Support and development from our wide range of local and national educational partners including 52 Oasis academies nationally
- The opportunity to be part of a truly rewarding and exciting experience
- The chance to transform the lives of our amazing students in a fast paced and rapidly improving school.
- Employee discount scheme and access to Microsoft for yourself and family
Please visit our Academy website and OCL website for further information.
Please email your completed application to HR@oasisisleofsheppey.org
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such, you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis ethos. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate right to work and DBS checks.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.