We are currently looking to appoint an experienced, qualified/ part-qualified accountant to work closely with the regional finance managers to provide strategic leadership to academies within the region and oversee the regional finance processing team based in Southhampton.
About Oasis Community Learning Born of the Oasis global charity we are one of the largest Multi-Academy Trusts in the UK. Working in disadvantaged areas of England we aim to provide exceptional education at the heart of the community and offer support to those in need within the area. Our ethos is a core part of our everyday practice and something each of our staff champion daily; Equality, Inclusion, Healthy Relationships, Hope and Perseverance.
About the Role
We need someone confident and competent with a great eye for detail to ensure that tasks are completed in a timely fashion and in line with the scheme of delegation.
Our preferred candidate will ideally have:
- Have a professional qualification/ be part qualified in finance or accounting
- Have proven experience of leading on the preparation budget monitoring returns
- Have proven experience in managing a team, including apprentices and trainees
- Be able to lead on the implementation of financial strategy, systems and policies
What Oasis Offers In return for your hard work we will offer you:
- A steady and sustainable work life balance that is often not achievable in the finance industry
- A strong Continuous Professional Development programme with training opportunities
- A supportive network and family of staff in a motivating working environment
- A competitive pension scheme with defined benefits, life cover and lower tax
- A generous annual leave allowance of 25 + 8 (Bank Holiday) days per year rising to 30 + 8 after 2 years of service.
If you are interested in applying for the role, please read the full job description and person specification and then complete our expression of interest form by no later than 5pm on 6th August 2021. The completed form should be returned to email@example.com .
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours, which flow from the Oasis ethos. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.