Start date: January 2021
Salary: National Payscale Point 7- £20,092 - Point 11 £21,748 (£17,085 - £18,493 pro-rata)
Contract type: Permanent
Hours per week: 37
Week per year: Term time only, plus 5 staff training days
Application deadline: 16th December 2020
We are looking to add to our team of 2 Cover supervisors, whose role is to ensure the continuity of teaching staff for our students, in the absence of their teacher. If you are passionate about providing exceptional standards of education to young people, and like the idea of working within a large Academy, then this may be the role for you!
The supervision of lessons will include:-
- Maintaining good order and discipline.
- Registering pupils.
- Delivery of work set by the teacher or Head of Department.
- Assisting pupils to complete the work.
- Collecting the completed work and returning to the appropriate person.
- Ensuring the classroom and surrounding area is left clean and tidy.
- Looking after any resources used.
As a potential new comer, there are some important things you’ll want to know about Oasis:
At Oasis Academy we are passionate about inspiring our students, we want them to embody the 9 habits of Oasis Academy. As Cover supervisors we want to spark enthusiasm and nourish their inquisitive minds.
Much like our students Oasis Academy staff are on a journey. We are constantly looking to better ourselves and the School. Our lessons are planned and created for our students, by promoting classroom engagement and bringing practical life skills into the classroom that link learning to their future careers.
Our Academy is proud to be one of 52 Oasis Academies in the UK. We are one of the largest mixed comprehensive schools in the country with capacity for 2,500 students, spread across our two campuses.
We have undergone a period of significant transformation over the last 3 years. On average, each Oasis Academy secondary school has increased the number of students obtaining 5 plus A*-C grade GCSE’s by 23 percentage points on its predecessor school.
The post holder will be joining us at a critically exciting point in our development and we would be interested to hear the unique skills and attributes you can offer the young people we work alongside
“Our ethos throughout the trust is about inclusion and we’re passionate about making sure that we have healthy, open relationships in all aspects of the work we do. We try to support young people through that journey.
My passion is for every young person to leave us fabulously skilled, really well qualified and excellent citizens.
I’m looking for people who are passionate, who really want to make a difference to children’s life and children’s learning”
Tina Lee, Principal.
Achieving our mission requires a special person and committed teacher who can demonstrate:
- A relentless focus on achieving the highest standards
- A degree or equivalent.
- Experience working directly with students within a school environment.
- The ability to work as a strong and effective team player
- Commitment to developing the character of all our young people
- Relentless perseverance, determination and resilience
- A strong commitment to the Oasis ethos
- Passion for your subject and the willingness to undergo continual professional development
The benefits of working with Oasis:
- The opportunity to work as part of a dynamic and inspirational team
- High quality professional development opportunities
- State of the art buildings and facilities
- Support and development from our wide range of local and national educational partners including 52 Oasis academies nationally
- The opportunity to be part of a truly rewarding and exciting experience
- The chance to transform the lives of our amazing students in a fast paced and rapidly improving school.
- Employee discount scheme