We are currently looking to appoint an experienced and passionate community leader to the exciting new role of Community Development Lead within Oasis. Oasis vision is for transformed communities, and so community is at the heart of everything we do. Oasis works through Hubs, which are local Christ-centred places of activity that provide integrated, high quality and diverse services to benefit the whole person and the whole community. Our Hubs are at varying stage of development; in 18 of our local Hubs Oasis has a local Hub charity with a Hub Leader and in other locations Academies employ community project workers.
As the Community Development Lead you will be responsible for providing targeted support to a cohort of Hub Leaders where their Hub Charities are in their infancy, working with key senior colleagues to coordinate the CPD programme for all Hub Leaders and wider community teams, support the development of youth and community practice lead practitioners and coordinating support offer to Community Project workers within OCL
About OCL and the Oasis family
With 52 academies, Oasis Community Learning (OCL) is widely recognised as one of the leading educational organisations in the UK. At the forefront of transformational education, we are a dynamic, inclusive family of academies with the aim of transforming lives within communities and offering exceptional education to over 20,000 students across four regions of England.
As part of the Oasis family OCL works closely with Oasis Community Partnerships (OCP) who are responsible for the 18 local Hub charities in Oasis communities, working closely with Academies and other entities to outwork for Oasis vision for Hub locally. This post will be part of the OCP core leadership team.
Our ideal Candidate
We are seeking a highly relational and experienced Community Leader to join us in this exciting position. To be successful in this role, you will require:
- Experience of leading community delivery
- Experience of growing projects from the initial start-up phase through to maturity
- Experience of strategic management within a school, statutory, voluntary or commercial organisation
- Proven record of successful leadership of a community project or an area of school development at a senior level working with other partners
- Evidence of sustained development and improvement in significant projects
What we can offer you
- A commitment to extensive CPD opportunities
- The opportunity to work across a diverse partnership of communities
- Defined benefit pension (including life cover, lower tax rate and ill health cover)
- Free eye tests
- Opportunity to access private healthcare
- Access to free counselling service
- The exciting opportunity to be part of our vision of community transformation
If you are interested in applying for this position, please download the application form and return the completed form to email@example.com by 12 noon on Friday, 17 September 2021.
CVs alone will not be accepted as an application for this role.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role
OCL is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.