Creative, comms-minded and keen to make a difference in a community that deserves the best? This is your opportunity to support Oasis Academy Bank Leaze, Oasis Academy Connaught and Oasis Academy New Oak, to share stories of the schools’ inspirational work and pupils’ success, and to raise aspirations not just within our school but within our wider community.
This will be a rewarding yet challenging role with every opportunity to make a substantial difference to young people in Bristol whilst developing and proving your skills in marketing and public relations.
Our offer to you:
- The opportunity to be a part of something bigger, changing lives and giving disadvantaged young people a chance to succeed and reach their potential
- CPD opportunities – it is important to us that our staff are given the opportunity to learn and develop on-the-job to match their career goals and aspirations
- Generous holiday allowance – staff initially receive 25 days + bank holidays, rising to 30 after two years of service + bank holidays
- Defined benefit pension – all employees can opt for our pension scheme with life cover, lower tax, ill health cover and a set rate of LGPS 1/49
- Expenses and travel costs paid
- Wellbeing resources and staff counselling services
More about the role… If you’re looking for a job with variation and scope to lead then supporting these three primary schools will certainly provide that.
- More of your time will be spent supporting Oasis Academy New Oak, collaborating with the newly appointed Principal to share his vision for the future of the school with parents and families in the community.
- Not far away is Oasis Academy Connaught where you’ll support a school with community at its heart that provides holistic care to its pupils, living up to their motto #ConnaughtCares
- Across Bristol you’ll also be working with Oasis Academy Bank Leaze, a ‘Good’ school with ‘Outstanding’ features, where you’ll focus on sharing the Academy’s strengths to make it a school of choice locally.
We need a confident communicator with the energy and the experience to lead on different aspects of communications, from social media and PR to events and relationship building –we look forward to hearing your ideas about where you want to take our marketing strategies. An understanding of our communities would be desirable. We passionately believe that every child at our academies can reach their potential with us and when they leave us they’ll be prepared and ready for secondary education. We need your help to instil this aspiration throughout the school and community.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A degree level education or equivalent work experience
- Proven experience in digital communications and social media marketing
- Confidence to readily engage with staff, parents and the local community so as to drive forward positive messaging that reflects the inspirational academies
- An aptitude for creative thinking
- Strong written communication skills
- The ability to make sound judgements, prioritising tasks
- Experience working with journalists is desirable although not essential
- Experience with Adobe design software is also desirable
As an organisation, we specialise in working in socially deprived communities, and have intentionally positioned our education services within some of the most challenging, yet potential-rich, communities in the country. Our ethos of inclusion, equality, healthy working relationships, hope and perseverance is key to achieving our mission and we would expect candidates to champion this. Find out more about us here.
Ready for the challenge? Apply today!
Please complete the application form and return this to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 5pm on Wednesday 22nd September. If you have any questions about the role, please feel free to get in touch with us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to have a discussion with you about this.
Please not that we will not be able to accept CV applications alone – all candidates will be required to complete full application forms prior to any interview.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role. Enhanced DBS checks will be required for the safeguarding of our academy families.