POST: Cleaning Assistant
SALARY: £17,364 (Pro rata actual salary £9,385.95)
LOCATION: Oasis Academy Oldham
WORKING PATTERN: During term time – 2 hours, 6am – 8am, 3pm – 5pm Monday-Friday
HOURS: 20 hours per week, 52 weeks per year.
DISCLOSURE LEVEL: Enhanced
JOB PURPOSE: To be part of the cleaning team and provide a high quality cleaning service to meet the needs of staff and students and support the raising of standards of achievement and attainment of students.
- To undertake individually or as part of a team, the cleaning of designated offices, classrooms and associated accommodation to ensure that they are kept in a clean and hygienic condition
- To ensure the cleaning, washing, sweeping, vacuum cleaning, emptying litter bins, polishing, cleaning walls and dusting of designated areas (which may include toilets and associated facilities) and fixtures and fittings, using where appropriate, the necessary powered equipment.
- To redeploy to areas as directed by the Cleaning Supervisor, to cover staff absence
Health & Safety
- Maintain stocks of cleaning materials.
- Ensure that all agreed Health & Safety policies, COSHH regulations and procedures are complied with.
- Support fully any Health & Safety inspections.
- Report immediately any machinery faults or unhygienic areas to the Cleaning Manager.
- Undergo Basic First Aid training and update courses.
- Be aware of the responsibility for personal health, safety and welfare and that of others who may be affected by your actions or inactions.
- Co-operate with the employer on all issues to do with Health, Safety & Welfare.
- Set a good example in terms of personal presentation, attendance and punctuality.
- In conjunction with the line manager, take responsibility for personal professional development, keeping up-to-date with relevant developments, which may lead to improvements in the day-to-day running of the school.
- Undertake any necessary professional development as identified in the School Improvement Plan taking full advantage of any relevant training and development available.
- Maintain a professional portfolio of evidence to support the Performance Management Process – evaluating and improving own practice.
- Any jobs deemed suitable by the Academy
- safeguarding Children
Oasis Community Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks
- The post holder is expected to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Principal.
- The duties of this post may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or level of responsibility entailed.
- This Job Description may be renegotiated by the Principal if the Academy faces changing circumstances
Oasis Community Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
Oasis Academies exists to provide a rich and balanced educational environment which caters for the whole person - academically, vocationally, socially, morally, spiritually, physically, emotionally and environmentally. Our task is to serve our learners as well as to provide a learning hub for the entire community. In this way we will raise aspirations, unlock potential and work to achieve excellence through encouraging a ‘can do’ culture which nurtures confident and competent people.