We are currently seeking an experienced Business Development Manager to support Oasis Community Learning in the expansion and development of its subsidiary, Oasis IT Services Ltd (OITS), by identifying and exploiting new opportunities that exist for OITS to offer educational IT Services to other schools, academies and multi-academy trusts outside of the Oasis family.
About Oasis Community Learning
Born of the global Oasis charity, we are one of the largest multi-academy trusts in the UK. By joining our family of staff you will be one of approximately 100 IT professionals within the group all working alongside people dedicated to helping our students realise their potential. We wish to transform the lives of our communities and support our young people and staff through their journeys with Oasis.
The right candidate will responsible for driving the OITS business forward whilst implementing new ideas and new strategies. It is a truly fantastic opportunity to make your mark within this organisation.
You will be working with colleagues from across the business to help it grow. Along with this you will also manage service and framework contracts, concentrating on growth and excellent operational delivery within a strong customer focused culture.
- To identify opportunities for Oasis Community Learning, via our subsidiary Oasis IT Services Ltd, to provide IT services to other schools, academies and multi-academy trusts to meet our responsibilities as a leader in the sector, to share the costs of maintaining an effective IT Team and to generate profits which in turn can be used to support the wider work of Oasis in achieving our objective of community transformation.
- To follow up opportunities and leads which are generated by others within the trust, through the production of proposals and costed service packages and converting these into contracts which can be delivered effectively and profitably.
- To work with the IT Projects team to ensure that resources are effectively managed and that there is sufficient capacity to deliver proposals, bids and contracts that are successful.
- Oversee the development of a marketing strategy for the business, including marketing literature, communications, event attendance etc.
- Market Oasis IT Services Ltd to the sector in a manner which does not conflict with the wider aims and objectives of Oasis Community Learning and the wider Oasis Family.
- Previous experience of working within an IT Sales environment with a proven history of successfully meeting targets
- Experience of working with educational clients
- Excellent written communication and verbal presentation skills
- Able to work on own initiative to deliver results for the organisation.
- Ability to make sound judgements and decisions.
- Reliable with excellent time keeping and ability to always meet deadlines.
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
- A willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis ethos.
If this might be something of interest to you and you have experience working within a technical environment, managing customer and business relationships, then we would be keen to hear from you.
To apply for the position, please send your completed application form and equal opportunities details to email@example.com by 31 January 2020 at 12pm.