- To be the first point of contact for students and their families within your year group(s), providing appropriate information as required to relevant Academy staff, students and parents
- To support students through key points of transition
- To maintain positive and regular Academy – Parent – Student communication
- To respond to any “routine” duty referrals for students within your Year group(s), to manage and investigate an issues arising and ensure that appropriate actions are followed through
- To coordinate Restorative Justice interventions
- To support the Academy’s Culture for Learning policy, working with RSLs to gather evidence and information and respond swiftly and appropriately using rewards and sanctions
- To maintain the Bullying Log for your Year group(s) and coordinate anti-bullying activities
- To work with individual students and their families when issues from home are affecting or likely to affect their performance/attendance/behaviour at the Academy
- To promote parent voice through regular parent drop in sessions and focus groups for your Year group(s)
- To analyse data from a variety of sources to inform, implement and monitor systems and practice which secure good patterns of attendance and punctuality in your Year group(s)
- To carry out the statutory responsibilities in relation to attendance across your Year group(s) by using a variety of strategies and following a case management system
- Ensure maintenance of accurate student records in a variety of formats (spreadsheets, databases etc.) and full compliance with Data Protection and Freedom of Information regulations.
- Ensure that all liaisons with external agencies are appropriate to need and effective to support the personal and educational development of learners, including those students considered being “at risk”.
- To undertake CAFs, acting as Lead Professional for students in your Year group(s) as necessary
- To administer first aid to students and staff who may be injured or are unwell during the course of the school day.
- Any other such duties as may, from time to time, be reasonably required by the Principal
Oasis Community Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
The above responsibilities are subject to the general duties and responsibilities contained in the Statement of Conditions of Employment.
The duties of this post may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or level of responsibility.